1.Scope of Application
2. Acquisition of Personal Data
The information we collect from our customers includes the following information provided by customers when using our services:
- Date of birth;
- Phone number;
- Account information (username, password, and other authentication information used to access our services); and
- E-mail address. If you refuse to provide any of the above information that is required to use our services, or any other information we request for applicable legal and compliance checks, you will not be able to use our services.
3. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Operation and management of our website and services, such as login information to access member-only pages, authentication after login, automatic displays of information on various screens, etc.;
- Notification of maintenance information, important information, and other matters necessary for operating our website and services;
- Protection and assurance of the technical functionality, safety, and integrity of our website and services;
- Response to inquiries about our website and services;
- Other purposes necessary for providing our website and services;
- Marketing and promotional activities of UPCX;
- Surveys and analysis for improving our website and services;
- Accounting, risk management, and record management;
- Compliance with laws and regulations;
- Prevention, detection, investigation, or monitoring of fraud, threats, illegal activities, or other prohibited content, operations, or activities; and/or
- Handling and resolution of disputes arising from or related to our website and services.
4.Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
For the purposes listed above, we may disclose or provide customers' personal data to third parties in the following cases:
- When your consent has been obtained for disclosure;
- When disclosure is requested by legal institutions such as police agencies or courts, or when disclosure is required by law; or
- When disclosing to professionals who provide services to UPCX (including but not limited to compliance checks, service evaluations, data storage, maintenance, legal services, auditing, insurance, and marketing services).
5.Cross-border Transfer of Personal Data
6. Management of Personal Data
We will not store your personal data beyond the purposes for which it was collected. In handling personal data, we will, in accordance with the current technical standards, continuously take all necessary and appropriate technical and organizational security control measures, to prevent among others unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, loss, destruction, and falsification. However, data transmitted over the Internet cannot be completely guaranteed to be secure during transmission. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or that we transmit to you prior to receipt. Any transmission is done at your own risk.
7. Rights to Personal Data
You may request information regarding access to your personal data obtained by UPCX in connection to your use of our website and services, as well as the manner in which UPCX has used and disclosed your personal data within the past one year prior to receiving your request. You may also request to review, correct, or delete your personal data. However, we reserve the right to charge fees for the cost of responding to such a request. You may withdraw your consent to use your personal data at any time in any manner or for any specific purpose. However, please note that if you withdraw your consent, there may be consequences, including the unavailability of our website and/or services. Please also note that despite your withdrawal of consent, we reserve the right to retain your personal data for as long as necessary for our legal or business purposes. To request access to your personal data, correct your personal data, or to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer ("DPO") in accordance with Section 9 (Inquiries) below. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before processing your request.
Requests for disclosure of personal data, opinions, questions, complaints, or any other inquiries regarding our handling of personal data should be made to the following address: Address: 18 ROBINSON ROAD #20- 02 18 ROBINSON SINGAPORE (048547) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org DPO Name: Ken Egawa
10. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
Unless otherwise set out above, UPCX shall handle any other necessary matters regarding the handling of personal data in accordance with the PDPA.